Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Best Bread Recipe Ever!

I had the whole day off today so I decided to make some bread! I was starving and we didn't have anything in the fridge so making bread seemed wayyy easier than going to Hy-Vee :) Oddly enough, my sister just posted a recipe tonight as well. Check it out here.


After making bread, my mom, Brian and I went out shopping for our Super Bowl on Sunday! What a process! Next year, I think I'll leave it to mom and Brian! Not my cup of tea! Oh and why we were out, my mom bought me some hardwood floors for the studio for my birthday! That will be a whole other post! I'm sure it'll be quite the site putting that project together!


I have a TON of shoots this month so I'm excited to be posting some fun and crazy sets! Here is the bread recipe along with some pictures of the messy process..


Braided Bread


1/4 cup warm water
2 1/2 tsp yeast (one yeast packet)
1 TBSP sugar
1 cup hot water
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 TBSP butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1 egg
1 3/4-2 cups more flour



In a glass bowl, combine the warm water, yeast and sugar and set aside for 10 minutes.


In your mixer, combine the hot water, salt, sugar and butter and mix. Once the yeast has risen, add 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 egg and the yeast. Mix all together (using your mixing paddle arm.)




Add 1 1/4 cups more flour and mix until a ball forms. If the dough is still too soft, add more flour until the dough feels like squishy play-dough. Take the paddle arm off your mixer and put the hook are on. Turn mixer to the number "2" setting (if you have a Kitchen Aid Mixer) and let machine knead the dough for 7 minutes. OR knead the dough by hand for 5-7 minutes on a hard surface.

Spray a large clean bowl with cooking spray. Put the dough in the bowl and cover with a cloth to keep from drying out. Place the bowl in a warm place (like the oven with just the light turned on). A good trick my mom taught me is to turn on your oven for just 10 seconds to let it warm up. Then turn it off and put your dough in there to rise. Don’t let the oven heat for too long though, or it will bake your dough (rather than rising it). Just a few seconds is all you need to get it warm in there. Let the dough rise for a couple of hours





Using a knife, divide the dough into two parts. Divid those 2 parts until 6 balls and roll out to 10 inch long ropes. Take three ropes and braid them as usual and secure the ends.


Place each braided bread onto a cookie sheet.


My new favorite bread recipe!


Don't foreget! Only 4 more days to grab this deal! I can't wait to meet my new clients :) There is no money up front as you pay when you use the coupon!


1 comment:

  1. The bread tasted even better than it looked! Thanks Brooke! Mom

    ReplyDelete