Thursday, April 5, 2012

Run the NYC Marathon with me!

Ok, not quite. However, about 6 or 7 years ago, right after I ran Chicago, I had signed up for the NYC Marathon. To be able to run it though, you must enter a lottery and every year on April 25th, they announce if you're in for the race in November! If after 3 years you don't get in, you're automatically in on your 4th year. Well, years went by and a few weeks ago I remembered that I was never selected! (bummer!) So I logged into my account and there it was, a big red exclamation point saying "before we confirm your entry, we must need 2 emergency contacts." SERIOUSLY?? This was 6 years ago people!! I could've ran it twice by then! So I threw a fit for about .2 seconds and filled out my emergency contacts and VOILA! I am now officially in the lottery for the 2012, 2013 and 2014 NYC Marathon!

I'm secretly hoping it won't be this year as we will be getting married just a few weeks beforehand! So wish me luck that I won't be selected this year, otherwise I'll have to transfer it to 2013!


Have any of you ever ran the NYC Marathon before or any Marathons? I became addicted after running my first one at tender age of 18! Every time I complete one, I promise it's my last one!

I'm pretty sure all of us runners out there feel like this..

No comments:

Post a Comment